Episode 40: Praying Relentlessly
“Lighthouse, what is your strategy for the coronavirus and all the troubles that come with it? Is it merely ducking your head, doing better, and trying harder? Is it a waiting game that rests on your resilience to survive? Or is it a humble pleading with God? Is it letting your concerns lead you to commune with Him? Pray for your loneliness, your parenting, your work situation. Pray for those in jeopardy of losing their jobs or lives. Pray for strength in temptation and a greater delight in Christ. Pray for your prayers. That anxiety in anything would lead to prayer in everything. Pray and let the peace of God guard your hearts and minds”
Open in Prayer
– Lord, I Need You
– Take My Life
– A Mighty Fortress
Icebreaker Question: What worries you the most? How do you usually deal with your worries?
Key Verse: Philippians 4:6-7
Key Idea: Every occasion to be consumed by worry is an opportunity to worship God in prayer.
– God wants us to take our worries to Him in the vehicle of prayer.
– The posture of prayer cultivates a heart of gratitude, because we ask and God answers.
– Prayer allows us to reinforce the truths of Scripture and the character of God in our minds and hearts. When we fix our gaze on Him, we are reminded of His peace in all circumstances.
1. Why does Paul charge us not to be worried about anything?
2. What do you turn to when you are anxious? Why? What practical steps can you take in first going to God in prayer?
3. Amidst all the things going on in our world and lives, what are the truths and promises of God you can pray through? How does this bring comfort and encouragement to you? Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For our first reaction to be to pray when we are anxious by reflecting on God’s attributes.
2. For our hearts to be thankful, because God hears our prayers and works through them.
3. For our world and unbelievers God has placed in our lives to come to know the peace of God in Jesus Christ.