This Sunday, October 18th, Lighthouse will be holding its annual Ministry Fair. After first and second service, the Fellowship Hall will host informational tables from the various ministries – from Connections to Children’s Ministry, SHINE to Youth Group and all the others in between. There are many ministries at Lighthouse – and if you’re looking for a place to get involved or somewhere to serve – come to the Ministry Fair!
We’re thankful for the servants of these ministries, and how faithful they’ve been for weeks, months and years. But most of all, we are thankful to the Lord for His abundant goodness and grace in allowing all these ministries to run. We have all been blessed by these ministries (who hasn’t enjoyed a donut from Connections? Or the blessing that is Sunday School through the Children’s Ministry?) and hope that they continue to bless the body.
The Ministry Fair ties into the greater theme of serving and giving, which we’ve been going over in Sunday service. 2 Corinthians 8and 9 both focus on these themes, and we encourage you to be in prayer during this sermon series about your own serving and giving. We hope that the sermons on Sunday are an encouragement and a challenge to the body, and that we as a church would continue to love each other well.
We would love for you to get involved with this event. Here a couple of ways in which you can:
- Come to the Ministry Fair! Don’t worry – there will still be snacks in the Fellowship Hall.
- Pray for us! Deacon David Misumi asks the church to pray for these four things in particular:
- Pray that the Lord would be glorified and honored through the Ministry Fair
- Pray that the church family would be blessed
- Pray that people would be interested in serving Christ to be loving, and not out of church duty.
- Pray that if the Lord wills it, that ministries that need help would get it.
We hope you join us at the Ministry Fair on Sunday! Please email the church if you have any questions.