Scripture: Philippians 4:5b-7
- It Is Well With My Soul
- I Will Fear No More (The Afters)
- God is at hand and near to us (v.5). He is present everywhere and his Holy Spirit dwells in the hearts of every believer.
- We should be anxious for nothing. We should be prayerful about everything.
- God promises that his amazing peace will guard our hearts and minds if we pray as he calls us to in v. 6.
- In what areas of life are you feeling anxious right now?
- What is causing that anxiety? What does this reveal about who or what your faith is in?
- How has your prayer life been in these areas of anxiety? Does it look like the life of prayer described in Philippians 4:6?
- What does the Bible promise God will give us if we pray faithfully? How would this help you in your struggles with anxiety?
- Chose at least one area of anxiety that you identified earlier, spend time in prayer using Philippians 4:5b-7 as your guide.
A. Acknowledge and thank God for his nearness to you.
B. Confess the ways you’ve been anxious.
C. Pray with thanksgiving. Intercede, petition and let your requests be known to God.
D. Ask God to guard your heart and mind with his peace.