Episode 69: Knowing, Trusting, & Loving Christ Our Shepherd
“When we feel lacking in our love and affections for Christ, we need to meditate on His sacrificial love for us that ultimately cost Him His life. When we feel lacking in our desire to be with Christ, we must reflect on His continual pursuit of us and our hearts and His desire to fellowship eternally with us. When we feel lacking in our faithfulness to Christ, we should recount all ways that Christ has been faithful to us. Each day we can fuel our love for Christ by remembering and meditating on His love for us and allow that to shape and transform our hearts.”
- Your Will Be Done
- He Will Hold Me Fast
- Jesus Is Better
- Are there people that you want to get to know better? (e.g. family members? friends? coworkers? neighbors?) Why are you motivated to want to know them better?
- Psalm 23:1-6
- 1 John 4:19
- 1 – Do You Know Your Shepherd?
- 2 – Do You Trust Your Shepherd?
- 3 – Do You Love Your Shepherd?
- What/Who are the “substitute shepherds” that you easily turn to for comfort and hope instead of Christ?
- What are simple ways that you could remind yourself to look to Christ as your Shepherd on a daily basis and throughout the day?
- What are truths that you can meditate on to grow your trust in God, knowing that God not only leads us to the green pastures (23:2) but also to the darkest valleys (23:4)?
- Take time to think about all of the ways God has been faithful to you — how He pursues you, how He cares for you, how He provides for you — and ask God to grow your desire for Him.