“The command to “remember” is a frequent one with God’s character or promises or works, and it’s not just talking about intellectually recalling information, but this active bringing to mind and applying its significance. For example, we “remember” by preaching the gospel to ourselves.”
Family Worship Devotional Download
- O Great God
- Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken
Icebreaker Question: What is something that you’ve done more of than anyone else?
Key Idea: The things in our lives that might seem repetitive, monotonous, or unspectacular are often the ways that God chooses to shape our hearts and form us into Christlikeness.
- As you think about the routine of your day/week, what are those seemingly mundane, monotonous things that you have a hard time joyfully doing over and over again? How might God be shaping you into Christlikeness through those things?
- What are some spiritual rhythms that you want to work towards establishing in your life? What are the nonnegotiable things you want to build your time around?
- Ask God for discipline and self-control to be faithful to the things that He has called you to do over and over again, even when you don’t see apparent fruit
- Ask God to change your heart and grow your affection for him as you commit to doing these things