“Because God is a person who loves, cares, is wise, and is in absolute control over everything – from the mundane to the monumental, from COVID-19 to a harmless cough – then we can have absolute comfort that God not only works all things together, but He is thoughtfully, lovingly, and caringly working all things together.”
Suggested Worship Songs:
– Whate’er My God Ordains is Right
– Behold Our God
– God the Uncreated One (King Forevermore)
Can you share a time when you were afraid, but were comforted by someone? Why did you feel comforted by them?
Passage: Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow
will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
In the midst of overwhelming fears, we look to our sovereign God, in whom
we find comfort in the midst of uncertainty
1. What are some of the questions or fears that you have been or are currently struggling with especially during this season?
2. How have you seen God’s sovereign care for your during this season of life or in past seasons?
3. How do you think your struggles with fear might change if you were to be
reminded more of God’s sovereignty than your fears?
4.What are things you can do now to remind yourself of God’s sovereign care in your life?
1. Pray over the things which you’re currently anxious and fearful for. And ask God to help you trust His goodness and care for you in the midst of it.
2. Pray that God would help you to be thoughtful of His sovereignty in the midst of difficulty.
3. Pray for God to help you to focus on what He wants you to do today instead of fearing about tomorrow. In specific, pray that He would help you to love well with who is in front of you today.