Episode 57: Fools Rush In
“In the face of racial and social unrest, have you taken the time to consider your response and your own stance? Have you carefully listened to other’s experiences and considerations? As you apply to college or grad school or a job are you slowing down to consider what God’s Word has to say in your situation or are you simply following your heart? Know that we have blind spots and deceptive hearts but together and in community we can point one another to Christ the ultimate source of wisdom!”
Open in Prayer
• Sing a song or songs about Christ being sufficient (Christ is Enough for Me, Yet Not I But Through Christ in Me, Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor)
• Read Hebrews 10:25 and discuss what are some benefits of meeting together.
Icebreaker Question: Share the last time you made a silly mistake. How did it happen?
Key Verse: Proverbs 12:15 The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice
Key Idea: We find wisdom by pointing one another to God’s truth.
1. Do you ever find it hard to admit that you’re wrong? Why?
2. If you’re not sure about something, how do you usually go about finding out the right way?
3. Who in your life can you turn to who will faithfully point you to God’s truth?
4. What’s one thing you can do to grow in wisdom?
Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For the children in our church family that they will understand the blessing of listening to advice.
2. For the parents in our church family that they will be humble to seek wisdom from others.
3. For our church family that we may continue to encourage one another to walk in wisdom.