“There is a healthy discontentment that we should feel about the way things are. We should long to be together. We should long to be with our church family. A family that has to spend a long time apart from one another should never feel like that’s normal or healthy. But more than we should be longing to be together in our church building, we should long to be together in a new heavens and new earth, where death and sin will be no more, and we will be with our true family forever, with brothers and sisters of all times and all tribes, tongues, and peoples.”
Songs to Sing
• Church Arise
• The Church’s One Foundation
It’s been 93 days since we last met at church! What do you miss the most?
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Key idea: We are called to be a worshiping community as the church.
• We should be thankful for the ways that God has allowed us to worship during COVI-19. What are some the ways that God has been gracious to our church through online services?
• We should be engaged during worship. What are some the things that are distracting to us during our worship services? How can be more attentive and focused?
• We should be together during worship. The verse tells us to stir up one another and encourage one another. How can we encourage one another in worship as a family/household? How can we encourage those in our church?
• We should look forward to eternity. What do you think worship in heaven will be like?
• Pray for this coming Sunday’s worship service and any Fellowship Group meetings you are part of
• Pray for wisdom for the leadership regarding when we may be able to regather together as a church.