Episode 41: Praying Without Ceasing
“You would be surprised at all the moments in your day that can be used for prayer. Waiting in line, brushing your teeth, before you start your work day, on your commute, when you are having trouble going to sleep, while working out, this list goes on. Be aware of these times and use them for prayer. Prayer is about communion with God. It is how we, His children, talk to our Abba, our Father.”
Open in Prayer
● Sing- What a friend we have in Jesus
● Or read Psalm Psalm 86
Icebreaker Question: What is an answer to prayer you’ve seen
● 1 Thessalonians 5:17- pray without ceasing,
● 1 Thessalonians 5:18- give thanks in all circumstances
Key Idea: Prayer should be a constant thread in our life that is full of requests and thanksgiving.
1. Why do we tend only to pray at certain times?
2. Who do you turn to in times of trouble?
3. What can you do remind yourself to come before God in prayer throughout the day?
Spend time in prayer as a family
Prayer Focuses: That prayer would be more a part of your whole day
1. Pray for something big.
2. Pray for something that seems small.
3. Thank God for something that you saw or received today.
1. What makes it hard to keep an attitude of prayer throughout the day?
2. Do you tend to see prayer as a conversation or obligation?
3. Think of 10 things that you saw or received today that you can be grateful to God for.