“God’s sovereignty means that he can coordinate and orchestrate every event in my life, every interaction, every decision as well as the butterfly effect of every other’s persons actions on this planet and every natural event, every molecule past, present and future, for my eternal good. While doing the exact same thing for every other believer. And somehow it all works out. The sweetness of God.”
Open in Prayer
• Sing a song or songs about coming to know God (Only a Holy God, How Great is our God, Good Good Father)
• Read 1 Samuel 2:2 and discuss what does it mean that God is holy?
Icebreaker Question: Pick a famous person that you all know. How well do you know that person? What details of their life do you know?
Key Verse: 2 Timothy 2:7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything.
Key Idea: Think deeply about God so we can draw closer to Him.
1. Which description of God do you most and least relate to – King, Creator, Lord, Father, or Friend? Why?
2. What does it mean that God is omnipresent? (See Psalm 139:7-10) Talk through this together.
3. What makes this hard to understand or leaves you with questions?
4. How does this bring us comfort, reassurance, and closer to God?
Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For the children in our church family
That they will continue to desire to know God and enjoy thinking more on Him and His truths.
2. For the parents in our church family
That they may have deeper conversations with their children about who God is.
3. For our church family
That we may ponder and meditate on our infinite God and encourage one another with who God is.