What Man Does What God Does How Faith Responds
Key Idea: Jesus, the King over all, was condemned in our place for our sins. I. The King of the Jews, Silent as a Lamb (15:1-6) II. The King of the Jews, Substitute for Sinners (15:7-20) Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for […]
The Supremacy of the Son
Key idea: Jesus Christ is supreme over everything.
1. Jesus is supreme over the old creation (15-16)
a. Jesus is supreme because he is the image of God (15a)
b. Jesus is supreme because he is the firstborn over all creation (15b)
Jesus has the rights of the firstborn because:
1. All things were created by (in) him
2. All things were created through him
3. All things were created for him
Application: true life as a created being is only found in Jesus.
2. Jesus is supreme because he holds all things together (17-18)
3. Jesus is supreme over the new creation (the Church) (18b-20)
a) Jesus is supreme because he is the founder and the resurrector of the Church (18b)
Two ways that Jesus is supreme over the new creation:
1. The fullness of God was pleased to dwell in him
2. God was pleased to reconcile to himself all things through Jesus
1. Jesus is ____, and He _________ all things.
2. Jesus _________ all things together.
3. Jesus, __________________, is ______________ all things to himself.
Application: Is this the Jesus you believe in?
Key Idea: Jesus came to offer new life Key Application:The Cruciformed life is a life shaped by the Gospel I. The Cruciformed life values the Gospel II. The Cruciformed life is shaped by the Gospel
Four reasons to endure faithfully for the Gospel Our Savior is the Resurrected King (v. 8) Our Gospel is Unstoppable (v. 9) Our endurance is God’s Sustaining Grace to others (v. 10) Our God is Faithful (vv. 11-13)
Click here to watch: The Bible Project Video of 2 Timothy Theme of 2 Timothy: We must persevere in the Gospel to persevere for the Gospel Key Idea: This letter calls us to reorient our lives around the gospel and for the gospel, in a culture that desperately needs the gospel, but is adamantly against […]
Parenting is about priorities: pursuing the great over the good Parenting is about truth: shepherding kids to live Christ’s truth in a world of falsehoods
We proclaim Christ because he is the answer to life
I. Jesus is Truth
II. Jesus gives Meaning
III. Proclaim Jesus
How our church fulfills the mission of making gospel-centered disciples I. We stand firmly together in the truth of the Gospel II. We strive side by side for the centrality of the Gospel