Sermon Study: Session 8 (Fall 2021)
Session 8 – Small Group Study Guide
- Read Romans 1:21-25. According to verse 25, how does Paul define idolatry?
- One of the things that Pastor Kim reminded us from his devotional from Romans 1:21-25 is that we all pursue happiness, peace and contentment somehow somewhere. Where are you tempted to find your satisfaction elsewhere other than Jesus? What does that look like practically in your own life?
- What in the baptismal service stuck out to you? What about it was a grace to you?
- Baptism service is a special time in the life of our church because we get to hear testimonies of how God works in a million unique ways in people’s lives. Testimonies serve to help us remember God’s grace and is a means of fueling our worship. So as you think about your salvation, can you write down a brief testimony of how God worked in yours?
- Who is it in our lives that we want to invest in so that they can come to know Christ? How do we hope to influence them toward Christ?
Sharing and Prayer
- As you think about this season, what is one area in which you’d like to grow in living out your faith? Write this down and prepare to follow-up and track God’s work in our future sessions!
- What are some ways that you’d like to apply what you just learned to that one area you’d like to grow in living out your faith?
- Share other prayer requests.