Session 7 – Small Group Study Guide
Word: How this truth should be understood
- Meditate on verses 17-20. What does Paul want us to understand about the nature of being an ambassador? Take your time and make as many observations as you can.
- How does this passage connect our union to Christ with our ministry as ambassadors?
Worship: How this truth affects your heart
- In his message on Sunday, Pastor Kim asked the question, “What are the things in my life that can only be explained by the transformation of the gospel?” This is not a question asking for perfection, but to help you consider the power of the gospel in your own life. As you consider this question, you might experience guilt over where you fall short or you might be tempted to boast over where you succeed. But take time to do a prayerful inventory of God’s grace in your life. What have you seen God do in your life personally because of the gospel?
- Because our culture greatly values health and wealth, how might you be tempted to have a prosperity Gospel streak in your heart that hinders your worship and witness? How might you pursue happiness in this world apart from pursuing a deeper worship in Christ?
- Pastor Kim said, “Happiness isn’t bad, God pursues our joy. But we often don’t want to put our earthly happiness at risk.” What does the ministry of reconciliation endanger for you personally? What might you fear losing as you live as an ambassador for Christ with your time, money, and conversations?
Work: How this truth works out in your life
- Who we are is a product of the gospel’s work in saving and shaping us. As you examine your life, what is the “new that’s come” that defines who you are in the eyes of this world? In other words, how does being a Christian set you apart from the world in your daily life?
- With the holidays approaching, what are ways you can uniquely prepare yourself to be an ambassador for Christ to your loved ones? Name one person you will interact with during the holiday season that might not know Christ and begin praying for them.
- Knowing that our relationship with Christ is what motivates our ministry to others, what is one way you can seek to deepen your relationship with Christ this week? Be as specific as possible and ask for accountability
Sharing and Prayer
- As you think about this season, what is one area in which you’d like to grow in living out your faith? Write this down and prepare to follow-up and track God’s work in our future sessions!
- What are some ways that you’d like to apply what you just learned to that one area you’d like to grow in living out your faith?
- Share other prayer requests.