Session 6 – Small Group Study Guide
Sermon Study: I Love to Tell the Story
Word: How this truth should be understood
- What does the passage teach us about who we were apart from Christ? What does it teach us about our salvation?
- The second half of Ephesians contains some very practical application (e.g. church, family, relationships, forgiveness, etc.). Why do you think Paul puts the gospel here in chapter 2 before he gets into what the Christian life looks like?
Worship: How this truth affects your heart
- As Pastor David said, we often think the greatest problems are things outside of us when, in fact, the greatest problem is ourselves. What are you tempted to point to as the most significant problems in your story, especially during this season of life?
- Verses 8-9 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works so that no one may boast.” What does grace mean for you—not just for conversion and salvation, but also for your Christian life?
- What truths from this passage feel most personal to you? What truths lead you to praise God?
Work: How this truth work out in your life
- Write out a brief testimony of your salvation and what God has done for you in Christ, and be ready to share with your small group.
- One of the points of the message is that the Gospel changes how we understand life (COVID, Election, etc.). How are you leaning into the truths of the Gospel as you think through the challenges of this unique season?
- How does this message encourage you to share the gospel more creatively? What illustrations did you hear that you would like to use? What ideas can you explain more clearly?
Sharing and Prayer
- Looking back, in what ways were you able to apply what you learned in the previous session this past week?
- Although we took a break from our normal studies during this session, think of the 1-2 people you want to focus on caring for and moving toward during the rest of this small group season. Looking ahead, what are some ways that you would like to continue to apply what you’ve been learning in our study to your own life as you seek to grow in caring for one another during this season of COVID-19?
- Share other prayer requests: