“Church, there will come a time in which we will see Christ face to face. And on that day, none of us will ever look back on our lives and think that God should have done something different. We will look back on His wise decisions, and praise Him for that.”
Suggested Worship Songs:
– The Perfect Wisdom of Our God
– When Trials Come
– Behold Our God
Can you share about a time that you hated, or had an indifference to, but now looking back you appreciate? Why?
Passage: Hebrews 12:2 – “Looking to Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.”
Key Idea: Because God always chooses the best goals and the best means to those goals, we should seek to receive everything God would have for us in this moment.
1. How are you tempted to view this season of life? Are you just waiting for it to be over with, do you see it as a “roadblock” to your own pursuits? How would you describe it?
2. Take a moment to think about the season of life you’re in: Unemployment, spending more time at home, constantly being around your children, etc. What are the things that you think God might want you to focus on especially in this unique time?
3. How has this season of life exposed the competing rivals in your hearts, and how has God used the coronavirus to help you treasure Christ more instead?
4. Who are the people in your life that you can wisely and uniquely love? What can you do?
1. Pray for this season of life: That God would reveal what He would want of you during this moment and that you would receive everything that God would want for you in this moment.
2. Pray that God would use this period of time to help expose the rivals to Christ in your heart, and help you to treasure Christ more instead.
3. Pray that God would help you to thoughtfully and wisely love others in your life who are going through unique challenges during this season of life.