“All of this has caused me to realize. While this pandemic has touched and even greatly impacted our lives, it hasn’t changed where we’ve set our gaze, where we’ve placed our hope. We’re not eager to rewind the tape to 2019. We’re eager for the consummation of our salvation, for faith to become sight. A better country with our gracious and glorious God has always been the final destination.”
Open in Prayer
– Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
– Let Your Kingdom Come
Icebreaker Question: Share about when you visited another country and describe all the ways they lived differently than you.
– Hebrews 11:16
Key Idea: We live differently on earth because heaven is our home.
– Elect exiles means there should always be something about our lives that is a little weird
– Blessings and hardships in this life are intended to make us long for the future and trust God’s promises
1. What do you miss most about life before coronavirus? Why?
2. How does understanding you are elect exiles change your perspective and response to life as well as the coronavirus?
3. What changes need to take place so you long for a better country?
Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For wisdom on how to redeem the things of this world for eternity
2. For humility to examine ways we’ve been clinging too much to our comforts and selfish wants
3. For love to encourage those around us to live for the better country