Episode 63: Accountability and Confession
“These are simply suggestions and starting points. But whatever you do, let me encourage you with this: No one has ever regretted bringing their sin into the light. Your faith in Christ will only be stronger, and your grip on sin weaker, when we place ourselves in His light where the church is. So beloved, let me encourage you to seek accountability.”
Suggested Worship Songs
– O Church Arise (Keith and Kristyn Getty)
– Shine Into Our Night (Sovereign Grace)
– Have Mercy On Me (Sovereign Grace)
Icebreaker: What is one silly thing that you were embarrassed of and kept a secret? Why?
Passage: John 3:20 and 8:12.
Key Idea: Accountability is us speaking out about our heart, so others can speak Christ into our heart.
1. What is your first thought when you think of accountability?
2. How does John 3:20 and John 8:12 help you to see the need for accountability in your life?
3. What is one step you can take toward actively pursuing accountability, especially during this season where we are separated from one another and don’t see each other as often?
1. Pray that God would encourage you to see the need for accountability in your own life.
2. Pray that God might bring others in your life for you to open your heart to, but also to receive other’s words into your heart.
3. Pray that God might use accountability to help you grow in loving Christ and putting to death any specific sins or struggles you’re having a hard time finding victory over.