“Encourage your spouses in their walk. Check in with them. Encourage them to take time with the Lord. Try to help where you can so they are free to have their quite time. For your marriage to thrive you need to work on your relationship with the Lord and your own soul.”
Open in Prayer
– I Will Follow
– Lord I Give You My Heart
Icebreaker Question: What would you do in a day if you could do anything you wanted.
Transition: There are many things we can do in a day but the most important thing is our time with God
Passage: Luke 10: 38-42 “Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to his teaching. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, 42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
Key Idea: We need to make our time with the Lord our greatest priority.
– There are many things good and bad that can get in the way of our time with the Lord
– Everyday there are things that compete for your attention, but our time with God must be first. Even good and fun things like school, sports, tv, video games, etc. can distract us from God
– When we give make God first, it affects in a good way all the other things in our lives.
1. Why do you think Martha chose to serve and not be with Jesus
2. Why do you think Mary chose the better thing?
3. What makes it hard for you to spend time with God? Spend time in prayer as a family
1. That God would help us be disciplined in our time with the Lord
2. That He would help us to be excited by our time with God.
3. During this time of being isolated, that the people in our church body would be able to spend good time with God, 2020