“For all of us it will likely look a little different, but can I encourage you to make truth part of your atmosphere; I really believe that if you do you are pursuing Christ in a way that will bring transformation to your soul”
Family Worship Devotional Download
Open in Prayer
• Sing a song or songs about truth (e.g. Shine Into Our Night or Speak O Lord)
• Read Psalm 19-7-11 and discuss ways the Word has encouraged each person.
Icebreaker Question: What is something you believe that ended up not being true?
• Colossians 3:2 — 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Key Idea: Biblical truth isn’t just for Sundays, but something we need everyday.
• To live for Christ, we need to think about truth (“Set our mind on things above”)
• Illustration: Imagine you had two dogs and you only fed one of them. Which one would grow? The one you fed! We need to feed our faith (rather than our sin) so that it grows.
• Paul is telling us to set our mind truth so that it feeds our faith.
• We can feed our faith by allowing truth to be a part of our day.
A bible verse taped on the bathroom mirror.
Read a bible verse before bed.
Write a truth on a bookmark you use for school
1. What did Paul mean when he said to, “Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth”?
2. What are times during the day that you really need to remember truth?
3. What are 2-3 truths you can think about that would be encouraging for you?
4. What are some examples of ways we can make truth a part of our atmosphere?
Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For ourselves (and our church) that we would love and believe the Word.
2. For the truth to change our lives.
3. For our unbelieving family and friends to believe the truth of the Gospel.