Episode 3: Faith and Hope
“What is your only hope in life and death?”
That I am not my own, but belong body and soul, both in life and death, to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.
1) Jesus Messiah
2) Great Is Thy Faithfulness
3) He Will Hold Me Fast
35 WHO SHALL SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF CHRIST? SHALL TRIBULATION, OR DISTRESS, OR PERSECUTION, OR FAMINE, OR NAKEDNESS, OR DANGER, OR SWORD? 36 AS IT IS WRITTEN,
“FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING KILLED ALL THE DAY LONG;
WE ARE REGARDED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”
37 NO, IN ALL THESE THINGS WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM WHO LOVED US. 38 FOR I AM SURE THAT NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE, NOR ANGELS NOR RULERS, NOR THINGS PRESENT NOR THINGS TO COME, NOR POWERS, 39 NOR HEIGHT NOR DEPTH, NOR ANYTHING ELSE IN ALL CREATION, WILL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD.
Icebreaker Question: What are the silver-linings of being home with your family? What hopes do you have together as a family?
Key idea: We can hope in God, because God gave us Jesus.
1. What are the specific things that seem to threaten your hope in God and his love for you?
2. As COVID-19 continues to affect and alter our lives, what have you hoped for in the midst of it? What do these hopes reveal?
3. We hope in God by holding onto what he has said. Make a list of promises that God has made in Scripture and hold God to his Word!
Spending Time in Prayer:
1. What hopes and dreams do you have? Bring them, cast them—all of it—to God, because he cares for you.
2. Where has God already answered your prayers and fulfilled his simple promises? Take some time to thank God for his faithfulness.
3. Who are the people God has called you to move toward? Pray for the God of hope to enlarge your compassion and to allow for opportunities to share the hope that is within you with others.