Episode 22: Hope for the Future
“So when the stay-at-home order begins to lift and you get to fill your calendar with events and get togethers. Be excited and savor those events, don’t take them for granted, but don’t stop there. Let your earthly joy propel your heart to the eternal joy that waits for us in heaven. The reason why is that our earthly joys are just a taste of the eternal joys that await us. Heaven is going to be a place where there won’t be social distancing, where there won’t be COVID-19, cancer or any other disease, there won’t be worries over finances, and there won’t be death, but there will be beautiful relationships, hugs, joy unspeakable, feasting, creating, and most importantly, Christ.”
• Behold Our God
• Crown Him with Many Crowns
Question – Where Would You Go?
• Ask the Question: Take out COVID-19 from the world, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go to and why? A specific city, a theme park, somewhere local?
• Passage: 1 Peter 1:3-4
• Key Idea: Heaven is our true and eternal home.
o What heaven is not like . . . floating on clouds, angels with harps, and just sitting around.
o What heaven will be like . . . a new physical earth, friendships with other Christians, be able to use our gifts and personalities to honor God, and we get to see Jesus face to face.
o All the good things of our present life are to point us and spur us towards our eternal home.
• What do you think heaven will be like?
• How should our present lives be changed by knowing heaven is our true home?
Time of Prayer
• Think about specific people who do not know Christ and pray for them.