Episode 21: Hope During Change
“How much time are you spending on God’s Word each day? One encouragement would be to spend more time with the Lord, to think about His character and what He’s given us in Christ. Let’s hold fast to the gospel and not only preach it to ourselves, but truly meditate on what it means for us now to have a living hope in the midst of change.”
Open in Prayer
• Christ Our Hope in Life and Death
• In Christ Alone
Icebreaker Question: Can you think of a time when your hopes were dashed?
Passage: Jeremiah 29:10-13. “10 For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Key Idea: God has revealed to us how the story ends, so we can be hopeful during times of change.
1. How do you respond to difficult changes in life? Please share an example.
2. How is biblical hope defined? What is it based on?
3. Why is it sometimes difficult to remain hopeful? What does this reveal about our hearts?
4. What are some specific and practical ways that we can grow in our hope in Christ during difficult times?
Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For those who are needy and suffering
That we would recognize the need around us and encourage those who feel hopeless
2. For the community of Lighthouse
That our hope would rest securely in the gospel during these changing times
3. For the ministry of the gospel
That our families and neighbors would see our supernatural hope and we would be able to point them to Christ