“A verse that I have clung to recently is Isaiah 55:9. It says, “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. This is something that has brought me great peace. God himself is speaking and is describing the contrast between what we know and can do and what He knows and can do. His thoughts are higher than ours. His wisdom, his sovereign plan is better than anything we can come up with. His ways are higher than our ways. His ability is infinitely greater than ours.”
Open in Prayer
● Sing- In Christ Alone or You Never let Go
● Or read Psalm Psalm 23
Icebreaker Question: What is the most scared you have ever been?
● And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him. 24 And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he was asleep. 25 And they went and woke him, saying, “Save us, Lord; we are perishing.” 26 And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”
● Isaiah 55:9 – For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Key Idea: Do not fear because God is in control even when we can’t see it.
1. Why do you think it is hard to be brave when you are scared?
2. What are you trusting in when you are scared?
3. Why can you trust in God when you are scared?
4. What can you specifically do if you become scared?
Spend time in prayer as a family
Prayer Focuses: To trust God better
1. For the things that scare us
2. To better trust God when we are scared
3. To have a better understanding of the God we trust in.
4. For those who may be afraid because of what they are going through.