Episode 18: Good Friday
“Think about this for us today—if Jesus was able to provide for the needs of his family in a moment of weakness, then how much more is he able to provide for us, his family, from where he is now—glorified and seated at the right hand of God?”
Suggested Worship Songs:
• In Christ Alone
• How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
• The Power of the Cross
Icebreaker: What are some of your favorite last words, quotes, or lines from a movie/TV show?
Passages: Jesus’ 7 Sayings from the Cross
• “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34)
• “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43)
• “Woman, behold your son!…Behold, your mother!” (John 19:26-27)
• “I thirst” (John 19:28)
• “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Matt 27:46; Mark 15:34)
• “It is finished” (John 19:30)
• “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” (Luke 23:46)
1. Pick 1-2 of Jesus’ sayings from the cross that stand out to you and share why.
2. How do Jesus’ words from the cross speak to your current issues, circumstances, or struggles?
3. What is one truth about the person of Jesus that leads you to love and worship Him more this Good Friday?
4. Again, pick 1-2 of Jesus’ sayings from the cross and write out a few of your own meditations from those truths. For example, because Jesus said “it is finished,” I can turn quickly to God after I sin knowing He will receive me because Jesus completed the work of salvation on the cross.
• Take some time on your own to confess sin and repent. Thank God for the gospel and Christ’s work on the cross.
• As we’ve heard many times at Lighthouse, pray that the gospel would still be the most important thing and that even in a season like this, we would be preaching it to ourselves daily.
• Pray for any unsaved friends or family that God brings to your heart and consider inviting them to join us for the online Easter service on Sunday. Ask God for courage to reach out to them.