“Here is the grace of difficulty: it reminds of us how much we need Christ.”
Open in Prayer
– Sing a song or songs about the power of Christ (i.e. Power of the Cross; Our God)
– Read Psalm 62:5-8 out loud and discuss different ways that God has protected you and taken care of you.
– What is the hardest thing you have ever done? What made it hard?
Key Verse: John 15:5 — 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Key Idea: Because we can do nothing without Jesus, we need to pray.
1. What is difficult right now because of the Coronavirus? And why?
2. Why is it easy to forget we need Jesus?
3. John 15:5 tells us that we can’t do anything without Jesus. What are some examples of how we need Jesus?
4. Because we need Jesus, we need to be in prayer. Who or what are some people/things we should be praying for?
Spend time in prayer as a family
1. For those who are suffering or need protection
– For Example: the elderly, doctors, small business owners, those with a compromised immune system
2. For the community of Lighthouse
– That we would grow in faith Christ and love for one another
– For the ministry of the Gospel
That the gospel would grow in the hearts of believers, and in the salvation of unbelievers