We are a People Who Need One Another
Key Idea: For Christ to be treasured in our hearts, we must be meaningfully invested in the lives of each other.
We must be meaningfully invested in the lives of each other…
- To Draw Near in Worship (19-22)
- To Hold Fast in Endurance (23)
- To Stir Up One Another (24-25)
- What does it look like practically?
- “Who do I see in front of me?”
- “How can I thoughtfully love them?”
- “What words can I use to encourage them toward Jesus?”
- Be thoughtful with how you correct
- Be thoughtful with your posture
John Newton: In a little while you will meet in heaven; he will then be dearer to you than the nearest friend you have upon earth is to you now. Anticipate that period in your thoughts; and though you may find it necessary to oppose his errors, view him personally as a kindred soul, with whom you are to be happy in Christ forever.