Lighthouse’s Women’s Ministry exists for the purpose of growing women in their walks with the Lord. This is accomplished by providing teaching from God’s Word and fellowship in a variety of contexts.
Throughout the year, the Women’s Ministry organizes ministries to meet the needs of the women of Lighthouse. Each of these ministries seeks to teach how the bible applies specifically to women. Our prayer is that the women at Lighthouse would have different opportunities to grow in their faith together as they fellowship and learn from the Word of God.
The Lighthouse Women’s Ministry desires to be found faithful in raising women to be true disciples of Jesus who love God first, and then others, who grow godly character; for the betterment of the body of Christ, through the study of God’s Word and power of the Holy Spirit.
This will be accomplished by:
- One on One Relationships: Mentoring and Discipleship
- Women meet with other women to grow in the Word of God and in the application of the Word to their lives.
- Examples: Discipleship and Counseling
- Fellowship Groups: Groups of Women Meeting Together
- Women meet in smaller groups to study God’s Word, practice accountability, share experiences, and to provide encouragement.
- Example: Women’s Bible Study, Lamplighters, Accountability Groups
- Fellowship Gatherings: All Women of the Church
- Women will be invited to gather as a large group to hear the teaching of God’s Word, to fellowship, to worship and to hear the gospel.
- Example: Christmas Breakfast, S.A.L.T., Women’s Retreat, Coffee Talk, Women’s Spring Event, Women’s Fall Event
Lighthouse’s Women’s Ministry holds four events annually – the Women’s Spring Event, SALT, the Women’s Fall Event, and Women’s Christmas Breakfast.
Teaching Focus: In the spring and the fall, events have a teaching focus. Topics are chosen to help ladies learn to love the Lord and those in their lives better. Past event topics have included how to study the Bible, a biblical understanding of friendship, and what it means to serve and love those who are hurting.
- Women’s Spring Event (Saturday usually in March or April)
- Women’s Fall Event (Saturday usually in October or November – please note that there is no Fall Event during Women’s Retreat years)
Evangelistic Focus: In the summer and the winter, events have an evangelistic focus. Ladies are encouraged to bring their non-believing friends and family members to hear testimonies of God’s great grace and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- SALT (Tuesday evening in July) – A cooking demonstration, dinner, Bible Study and small group discussion.
- Women’s Christmas Breakfast (first Saturday in December) – A time of learning and fellowship over breakfast as we kick off the Christmas season!
Lamplighters is a ministry for mothers of primarily preschool aged children or younger. It is a wonderful time of fellowship, hearing biblical teaching, and sharing in small groups all while our little ones are under the care of loving volunteers.
Lamplighters meets during the Winter/Spring (February-May) and Fall (September-November) on Tuesday mornings at church. Online registration usually starts a month prior to the first meeting of the session.
How does childcare work?
Childcare is provided for children 9 months old to preschool age. Infants will usually stay with the moms in session.
What topics are covered in the teaching time?
A variety of topics and speakers are brought in each season – past topics have included contentment, patience, discipleship and purity. (You can view past session recordings here).
What does my registration fee cover?
Registration for Lamplighters contributes towards materials, snacks and programming. We are also blessed to have volunteer caregivers every Tuesday – donations for thank you gifts are taken during the season.
Ladies Coffee Talk is a quarterly meeting of coffee, lattes, refreshments and fellowship!
Ladies are invited to come at their leisure to get to know and talk with other sisters in Christ. (Please note, no children and no childcare. Nursing babies are welcome to join their moms for the morning.)
Small groups are a place for community and connection with God and with our family in Christ. Our hope is to grow our members and guests in a more intimate relationship with each other and with Jesus Christ. May God use these small groups to fulfill our mission at Lighthouse, to “glorify God through fulfilling the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment.”
Our small groups are held during the Fall and Spring quarters. Each small group season consists of a specific study that lasts for 8-12 weeks. The whole church studies the same topic during that small group season.
Women-only small groups are offered during each small group season. Please visit our Adult Small Groups page for more information.
Every two years, Women’s Ministry holds a retreat for the women of Lighthouse to be renewed spiritually, to “get away,” to meet new friends, to minister to one another though small groups, and to have fun. The retreat is comprised of four messages, small group time, free time and quiet time.
Our next Women’s Retreat will be Friday, October 18 – Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Please visit our Events page for registration information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I serve in Women’s Ministry?
If you are interested in serving in Women’s Ministry, please complete this Interested in Serving form and Women’s Ministry will contact you. Please note, we don’t have regular, weekly (or even monthly) meetings or serving opportunities, but rather events-based serving like the Women’s Spring Event, Women’s Christmas Breakfast or SALT! We are always looking for people to help us do registration, decorate or greet for these events!
How can I contact someone regarding Women’s Ministry, or an event?
You can reach Women’s Ministry at email@example.com.