- About Us
Adult Small Groups
What are small groups?
Small groups are a place for community and connection with God and with our family in Christ. Our hope is to grow our members and guests in a more intimate relationship with each other and with Jesus Christ. We have much to learn from Jesus himself, who ministered often in a small group context. Through it, the disciples were taught the truth in a more intimate way, became interdependent, learned how to minister and support one another, and were equipped to fulfill the Great Commission. May this be our aim as God uses these small groups to fulfill our mission at Lighthouse, to "glorify God through fulfilling the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment."
Why should I join a small group?
- To grow in your relationship with the Lord. Small groups are a place where our lives are transformed as we experience the presence and power of Christ.
- To grow in your relationship with other believers. Small groups are a place where we share in the fellowship of the saints, loving, giving, supporting, complementing, and encouraging one another.
- To grow in the exercise of your giftings. Small groups are a place where each of us uses our unique gifts to build up one another in faith.
- To grow in the knowledge and practice of God's Word. Small groups are a place where we learn what God expects of us in his Word and receive accountability to live it out.
What should I expect at a small group?
- Weekly meetings
- Ten to twenty people gathering in a home or at the church
- A mix of music, Bible study, prayer, and accountability
What are the small groups studying?
For Spring 2013, small groups will be going through "Instructing a Child's Heart" by Tedd and Margy Tripp.
For those who are looking for a different study, Pastor Kim will be leading a study through Timothy Keller's "Gospel in Life."
Study guides for past series are also available.
How can I join a small group?
Take a look at the list of Spring 2013 small groups to sign up.