The live stream will be available on Sundays at 9 AM, 11 AM, and 5 PM.
Jesus Changes Everything (Part 2): Love in the Face of Loss
2 Corinthians 8:1-5 // Pastor Tim St. John
Key idea: Three ways we can be a church known by our love and not by our limits
1. Entrust your life to God
2. Identify opportunities to love
2 questions to ask to identify opportunities to love
- How are you doing?
- How can I pray for you?
3. Serve with joyful generosity
- “Ministry is showing the love of Christ to others by serving them with all that we are.”
- Examples of ways to serve during this season
- Thank those you see serving
- Confess sin
- Encourage their hope in God
- Describe their situation biblically
- Pray for spiritual and relational health
- Pray for relief
- Encourage through your presence
- Care for everyday needs
- Follow the “safer at home” directives from the government
- Practice patience with others at the grocery stores
- Deliver groceries and medication to older and immunocompromised neighbors
- Write a letter or card for a loved one or neighbor
- Buy gift cards from small businesses
- Sign up for our church’s compassion ministry
- Place God’s truth in front of your family.
- Walk dogs for doctors and health care providers working long hours
- Host a video conference dinner where you can eat separately but still enjoy fellowship.
- Possibly give stranded and displaced college students temporary shelter so they are not homeless
- Offer services online:
- Workshops for parents new to homeschooling
- Family worship