Praxis (Young Adult/Post-Grad)
Praxis is Lighthouse’s young adult/post-grad ministry for ages 30 and under. Praxis is defined as “a way of doing theology that is formed by biblical knowledge at its more intense level,” and our vision is to be a young adult community that is devoted to loving Christ and living for the glory of God. The mission of Praxis is to carry out our vision by faithfully preaching God’s Word, sacrificially committing to one another, humbly serving the church, and actively making disciples.
In light of Coronavirus, Praxis currently meets Thursday nights online from 7:30-10:30 PM. Most Thursdays we’ll meet online for worship, preaching, and small groups, followed by fellowship (Youtube, Zoom). Please subscribe to our e-mail list to stay up to date on Praxis meetings and activities!
If you would like more information about Praxis, please contact Pastoral intern Chris Wong.
Watch the Livestream
A Compelling Community that Blesses
1 Peter 3:8–12
Key Idea: We are called to be a compelling witness for Christ within the church and to the outside world.
I. Counter-Cultural Characteristics within Christian Community (v.8)
- brotherly love
II. Counter-Cultural Conduct towards the World (v.9a)
- The call to non-retaliation
- The call to bless as we have been blessed
III. Christ-Centered Motivation Leading to Blessing (v.9b-12)
Small Group Discussion Questions:
- What do you think threatens to disturb the testimony of believers within our church (think along the lines of one of the five attitudes mentioned in v.8)? What can be done to restore or maintain that particular characteristic within our particular local church?
- How should we react to oppression and persecution of other people (v.9)? What would change about some of your relationships if you reacted the way that Peter recommends towards non-Christians in your life? You may also think and discuss this question within the context of the church and relationships you have with other believers as well (what do you think needs to change in how you treat others within the church family?
- Think about your relationships with those who treat you poorly. How do you currently react to them? What needs to change?