- About Us
Evangelism and Missions
Lighthouse’s mission statement is “to worship God through fulfilling the Great Commission in the Spirit of the Great Commandment.” The Great Commission is found in Matthew 28:18-20, which records Christ sending out his disciples to spread the Gospel to the ends of the earth. It is this task to which Lighthouse is committed: sharing the Gospel so people might turn away from their rebellion against God and embrace Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Lighthouse exhorts its members to take up its evangelistic charge by:
- Challenging believers to be transformed by God's Word so they will boldly proclaim the Gospel.
- Equipping believers to competently proclaim the Gospel.
- Providing believers with opportunities to frequently proclaim the Gospel.
Lighthouse focuses its evangelistic efforts in three different areas:
- Home Evangelism - reaching the lost within our walls.
- Local Evangelism - reaching the lost in the South Bay.
- International Evangelism - reaching the lost around the world.
Contact Gavin Kajikawa at gkajikawa [at] lighthousesouthbay [dot] org for more information.
Get to know the missionaries sent out by our church.
Learn about and support our upcoming missions trip to Thailand!