- About Us
Children's Ministry Parent Helpers
Lighthouse asks parents who have a child participating in any of the children's ministry classes to serve one Sunday a month. This gives them an opportunity to serve God, the other children, and parents. It also allows us to provide a higher teacher-student ratio.
An early worship service on Sunday is available at 8:45 AM in the sanctuary for all children's ministry servants and parent helpers. Attendance of this early service is highly encouraged as It allows children's workers and parent helpers to worship corporately and to hear God's Word.
If parents are able unable to serve on their scheduled week, they can switch with another parent volunteer who also serves in that class. Please contact Jen Wu at childrensmin [at] lighthousesouthbay [dot] org and the appropriate class leaders about any changes.
Parent helpers need to be aware of the following children's ministry policies:
- The “Never Alone Rule” – an adult is never allowed to be alone with a child/children unless that person is the child’s parent. This applies at all times, including trips to the bathroom.
- Sick children will not be admitted into the children’s ministry.
- In the case of an earthquake, children are to remain in their classrooms unless there is a greater danger by staying (e.g., fire). If evacuation is necessary, all classes should exit to the parking lot.
- Men are not allowed to have children sit in their laps.
- The same parent needs to sign his or her child(ren) in and out.
Parent Helper Schedule
View the online Parent Helper Schedule.
Please contact Jen Wu at childrensmin [at] lighthousesouthbay [dot] org for more information.