Adult Small Groups
What are small groups?
Small groups are a place for community and connection with God and with our family in Christ. Our hope is to grow our members and guests in a more intimate relationship with each other and with Jesus Christ. May God use these small groups to fulfill our mission at Lighthouse, to “glorify God through fulfilling the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment.”
Our small groups are held during the Fall and Spring quarters. Each small group season consists of a specific study that lasts for 8-12 weeks. The whole church studies the same topic during that small group season.
Why should I join a small group?
- To grow in your relationship with the Lord. Small groups are a place where our lives are transformed as we experience the presence and power of Christ.
- To grow in your relationship with other believers. Small groups are a place where we share in the fellowship of the saints, loving, giving, supporting, complementing, and encouraging one another.
- To grow in the exercise of your giftings. Small groups are a place where each of us uses our unique gifts to build up one another in faith.
- To grow in the knowledge and practice of God’s Word. Small groups are a place where we learn what God expects of us in his Word and receive accountability to live it out.
What should I expect at a small group?
- Weekly meetings for 6-10 weeks, depending on the series
- Ten to twenty people gathering in a home or at the church
- A mix of music, Bible study, prayer, and accountability
What are the small groups studying?
For Fall 2018, small groups are studying 2 Timothy.
Study guides for past small group series are also available for download.
How can I join a small group?
We do online small group sign ups at the beginning of each small group season (Fall and Spring). Being part of a small group in a previous season does not guarantee a spot in new season; you must sign up again.
If you are interested in joining a small group in the middle of a small group season, we offer an open small group with no enrollment limit on Wednesday evenings at the church.